Monday, November 17, 2008

When's the lull?

Been blowing and going for quite some time now. And with the holidays right around the corner, there'll be more to do--including a six-day trip to Nebraska (five of us packed in a Toyota Scion xB, how's that for fun?).

What happened to normal? Life used to be... how shall I put it... predictable? easy? Um... quiet?

Not quite any of these, but mostly.

My life went a certain way. I could count on it. Now there's no telling what a day will hold, and I gotta say, I don't like it. Not one little bit. I like routine. I like knowing what's going to happen on any given day (within reason, of course).

I hate chaos and yet home and work seem to be nothing but. Week in and week out, there's always some kind of drama going on.

Try as I might to force order in my world, I'm surrounded by people who are freer than me. Some who are spontaneous. Some who are young and oblivious to it.

Arghh... Calgon take me away!

1 comment:

mtnchild said...

It's quiet here, you could always sneak a trip to Oregon alone . . .
Love,
Mom