Friday, January 18, 2008

Stressing Out

I've been carrying around a knot of stress in my left shoulder for three, going on four, days now. I'm not sure what's causing it. Finances seem to be at an all-time high for the business, and while personal finances are not quite as spectacular, we do have the business to fall back on in an emergency. A perk to owning your own business. The road to un-debt-ed-ness is just a few months away when our car is paid off (a $622 payment) and we can roll that money over to paying off credit card debt.

Maybe it's the fact that I had/have a couple of stressful activities this week. One is past, one is on Saturday. Add to that a wedding I'm excited about, but have no time for, but have to go to on Saturday evening, and well, I guess there's some stress to be had.

My house is still torn up. More-so than it was just a couple of weeks ago, and I can't find my dust pan to sweep up the piles and piles of dog hair and dirt that collect on a daily basis from my two large dogs...

My mantra for times like this... actually I have two: "This, too, shall pass." and "God will never give me more than I can handle." Some things in life I look at as growth opportunities. And while that may be, I am tired and look forward to a more quiet time in my life when I can breathe and relax without something waiting to be accomplished.

I have eleven more months of duty as president of my writing group. Then that's one less thing on my plate to worry and fret over. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy it. That has caused a tremendous amount of growth in me. But there are always those who judge. And, yes, I did my fair of judging before I stepped into the position. Some of my criticisms deserved. Some not so much. I'll admit, I was a little holier than thou coming into it, coming off my PTA presidency, as I did, but while the title was the same, the circumstances of each group were completely opposite.

And business is hectic. A blessing and a curse. We just had to hire a third employee to take on some of the grunt work. And one of our employees wants to go on vacation to the Philippines - for three weeks! His fiancee is from there and they want to go with her parents and before they get married.

Well, just put one foot in front of the other and get through one day at a time, focusing on the most pressing issue or activity. See you next week.

No comments: