Monday, October 8, 2007

On art and reading...

My daughter and I visited the Museum of Modern Art in Fort Worth this past Sunday to check out the Ron Mueck exhibit. It was very interesting. I'd gotten an email from my mom with pictures from his exhibit, so we went to check it out. Here is my favorite sculpture - (**picture removed due to copyright issues**). This baby is about 20' long and perfectly lifelike - as are all the sculptures. They come in various sizes. Some teeny tiny, some huge like the baby.

I finished two books this weekend. The first one was Here With Me by Beverly Long, the sequel to Stay With Me, which I have not read. A good story. I'd give it 4 out of 5... It kept me turning pages. My only issue with it was that the love scene was a let down. She had these wonderful lead-in scenes, where the hero and heroine would get so close to making love, but be interrupted. For good reason, mind you; that's not my problem. But when the time came and they actually did make love, the reader does not get to be a part of it. The bedroom door was closed and I felt slightly cheated.

The other book I read was The Things We Do for Love: A Novel by Kristin Hannah. Wonderful, wonderful book. I laughed, I cried, I couldn't put it down. Even took it to church so I could read while waiting for my kids to show up. It's not a romance, per se, although there is a romantic happy ending. I highly recommend this one. And I just might have to go in search of some of her other titles at my local libraries.

No comments: