Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Earplugs, anyone?

My son brought home his trumpet from school last week. He wants so much to be like his cousin, Evan, so he wanted to join band and play the trumpet. Of course, I haven't heard him blow much, aside from those first few days. Playing an instrument is hard work, but well worth the effort.

I took band in junior high, too. Learned how to play a few songs on the clarinet and that was it. Never learned to read music, just memorized the fingerings for the songs. I know, pretty sad. I told my son to learn to read the music.

Of course, now he's working on a 'book' and wants to write a computer game (he thought he could just create a website and have a game - I had to explain to the dear child he needed massive programming skills to write something such as Runescape).

Well, better get the boy to school so he can learn to read the music and play that trumpet...

No comments: