Monday, April 5, 2021

First Quarter Review

As I've mentioned a few times, the first quarter of 2021 was rough for me. Today, we're going to review the list, assess how I did, and prepare for Q2.

The list is just there to the right and down a smidge. 🠞

Here we go...

#1--learn about and harness the power of my personality strengths...

Didn't do anything with this.

Grade: F

#2--actively cook 1 meal per week...

I've done well with this one. I'm up to two meals. One of them I make on Sunday and the other usually happens as desired. But it happens. so YAY.

Grade: A

#3--lose the 3 pounds I gained over the holidays...

I've probably gained another pound or two considering all the crap I've been eating.

Grade: F

#4--publish 3 books

There will be one published for sure. I can probably get two out. The third will be a challenge unless I buckle down during the next two quarters. Can I do it? Of course I can. Will I do it? Another story entirely. I'll need to take some time to ponder my timelines and make the plans.

Grade: C

#5--get the home gym kitted out...

No work has been done on this project. Although, we did set some funds set aside for the TV and the rowing machine. I need to discuss with DH and bite the bullet, I guess.

Grade: C-

#6--get a handle on the housekeeping...

I had a few flashes of accomplishment, but nothing that became routine.

Grade: D

#7--brainstorm characters and plot arcs for new series...

I am on doing well with this endeavor. There were 13 Sundays in the first quarter. I have 13 worksheets done. However-- Eleven are for the planned series, the other two are for the 5th hockey book I plan to write this year.

Grade: B+

#8--send a post card to my grandmother in Denmark...

I managed to get one sent. I'm a bad grand-daughter.

Grade: D

* * * * *

Now let's look ahead to Q2 and how I'm going to do better...

#1--learn about and harness the power of my personality strengths...

Read the recommended books that go more into depth than the reports I received. Watch videos. Read articles. The plan is to research one a month.

#2--actively cook 1 meal per week...

I've been doing the 1 meal, but I to get myself up to a consistent cooking of 2 meals per week. To do that I need to plan better in terms of menu & grocery list. I worked on that this past weekend.

#3--lose the 3 5 pounds I gained over the holidays...over the last 5/6 months...

Get back on track with my eating and exercise habits. Along with the menu, I worked on an exercise plan this past weekend.

#4--publish 3 books

Take time to ponder what I feel can reasonably accomplish and plan for it. Then I think I need to create some sort of visual to keep in front of me as a reminder/motivational tool. (I.E. book covers)

#5--get the home gym kitted out...

Have that discussion with DH, make the purchases, and clean up the garage space a little more.

#6--get a handle on the housekeeping...

Take the time to decide what tasks I want to become more routine and how often I want them done and then pencil it/them into my planner.

#7--brainstorm characters and plot arcs for new series...

As I'm mostly on track, just keep on keeping on and try to catch up those other two worksheets for the planned series.

#8--send a post card to my grandmother in Denmark...

Nothing to say here but: JUST DO IT.

Have a great week.

No comments: