Friday, January 15, 2021

My Personality Strengths

 

Back in November, I read an article that recommended a book, which I read, which lead me to another book that led me to a podcast. Most of the first episodes of this podcast focused on what were termed personality strengths.

There are 34 of them. We all have them in various conglomerations and orders. According to Gallup. there's a 1 in 33 billion chance someone else has the same top five strengths in the same order. Anyway, I was quickly intrigued and coughed up the $50 it cost to take the test that would tell me what order all 34 of my personality strengths were arranged in.

I was so excited to see this list. I was a bit surprised by the high-ness or low-ness of a couple of strengths, but overall my top-ten were spot on and explained so many of my behaviors.

Now, the podcasts target writers so they discuss behaviors most specifically about writing habits and such, but certain things like how or why you write the way you do extends into other aspects of your life as well.

The top ten strengths influence so much of what we do and how we do it, and it's recommended to really lean into them and learn how to harness their power rather than try to strengthen any of the items on the bottom of the list.

That's one of my goals for this year: to learn about each strength and determine how I can best utilize it to become a better writer and ultimately a better me.

I hope you'll come along on my journey.

The first strength I'll explore is #6 of 34 (for me): LEARNER.

That blog post will show up some time in February.

And on a quick note--I forgot to put writing to my Grandma in Denmark monthly on my goals list--so back up to 8 goals. Also, Buc-cee's isn't limited to Texas as I'd thought--it has two other locations, one in GA and one in AL. There might be a long weekend road trip on my horizon. :0)

 Have a great weekend!

No comments: