Monday, December 28, 2020

My 2020 Goals: A Review

 

The list is to the right, second widget down...

Of eight items, I fulfilled the spirit or the letter of exactly ONE goal.

Yikes. It sounds bad. It is bad, I suppose.

Let's hit them one by one in order.

1) Writer to my grandma in Denmark.-- I probably hit 7 months out of 12. Not great.

--> DO BETTER JEN.

2) Cook and eat better. -- My intent was to get back to eating healthier with green veggies at least three times a week. That did not happen. But DH went to the doctor and received some warnings based on blood work. So guess what--now I have way more incentive to make this happen and keep him around a bit longer.

--> MUST DO BETTER.

3) Lose 8lbs and 4". -- I started the year at 126lbs and ended it at 118lbs. That is exactly 8lbs. I swing between 115 and 118. The four inches didn't happen since I basically fell off the wagon at Thanksgiving and will be enjoying food through New Years. Four inches--ha. I probably increased by one or two, truth be told.

--> Back on the wagons come January.

4) Publish 2 books, possibly 3. -- Hockey books 2, 3, and 4 came out this year as did a box set of the first 3... bear in mind book 2 was written last year. Books 3 & 4 were written this year.

--> DO IT AGAIN JEN.

5) Complete a household project. -- Yeah, due to covid, that home gym didn't come to its full potential. Don't get me wrong, I have the equipment and I use it. I just wanted to dress the space up with a new TV (so I can watch yoga videos and DH can watch whatever) and some thick floor mats for aerobics or yoga.

--> Maybe this year.

6) Exercise twice daily. -- I traded in the morning workout for more writing time. Yoga before bed was pretty consistent for a while. Then things happened and I stopped.

--> Re-evaluate my needs and my available time and come up with a new plan.

7) Really learn plotting. -- I took a handful of classes throughout the year and I learned that I'm pretty familiar with the plotting process. Most of the classes I took had a goodly amount of sameness. What I did learn is that there's something else keeping me from writing better faster. I'm on a new trail to figuring out what's holding me back. More on that in January.

--> Find the real issue holding me back. 

...and last but not least...

8) Brainstorm characters and plot arcs for new series. -- Yeah. no. Didn't do that this year, but it's already penciled in, in my 2021 planner to work on one character a week. It's a six-book series, so that means twelve characters minimum, because two romantic leads per book, and then there's a handful of characters who will have background story arcs and show up in each book, so they'll need some fleshing out as well. I'm not sure I'll have 53 characters all told, but at least it'll be done. Once I'm done with character arcs, I can work on plot arcs...

--> Carry this one over and, you know, actually do it.

Might have to think about the ones I'm planning to carry over and come up with more of a plan to actually accomplish them.

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, however you chose to spend it.

Have a great week.

 


No comments: