Monday, July 27, 2020

Annual Writers Retreat


This past weekend I attended my annual private writers retreat at Lake Conroe. It's a private house and not a public venue, so the risk of COVID exposure is minimal, but I will be hunkering down for the next couple of weeks to make sure I don't have anything and to make sure I don't catch anything as I have my annual trek to visit my family coming about a month out. There's a new baby in the house I'm itching to get my hands on, so I have to ensure my health to ensure hers.

ANYWAY

A good time was had by all as usual. I went in expecting to get the issues with my current work-in-progress sorted and I did. Does it still need some work? Yes, quite a bit still, but the missing pieces were found and another 5K words were added.

But I'm ready to get at the heavy-lifting called editing and work in the emotional story arcs and the internal narrative.

Lake Time is a favorite daily activity:




Hope you had a great weekend as well.


No comments: