Wednesday, April 1, 2020

DD Scored Some Toilet Paper Yesterday


It's funny the things that get a cheer these days.

I would have been happy with a 4-pack, but it's a 12-pack, so I can divvy it up between the house and the office. :0)

The food logging is helping. I've been resisting temptation, like Monday when I bought DH McDonald's. I really wanted a Dr. Pepper. I exerted my willpower and didn't get one however. Today, I finally brought a serving of the unsweet tea I bought at the grocery store. I could make unsweet tea, I know. It's not the same, though, so I splurged. I did have pizza for dinner last night, but stayed within my allotted calories even though I definitely didn't need the carbs.

I've discovered a new annoyance in all this COVID-19 business. The PSAs by folks who keep saying "stay inside." That's not the mandate, really. It's to stay home. You're allowed to go outside into your yard if you have one. You can go for a walk or bike ride. *sigh*

DD found a recipe on TikTok that's gonna challenge my willpower. It's called Chili Cheese Corn Dog Casserole. She's gonna make it for dinner tonight, so I guess I'd better be chincy with the calories today so I can afford to eat it. I'll update you on Friday on both the actual taste as well as my efforts not to gorge myself.

So...DD found this while at the store:


This amuses me no end, mostly because Peeps have been a running joke in my husband's family for years. One of my sisters-in-law had a thing for Peeps way back when and so we still buy some of the more crazy flavors we come across.

Anyway, I hope you're doing well, whether your life is relatively normal or turned on its ear. See you Friday.


No comments: