Monday, February 17, 2020

A Night of Romance




Participating in "A Night of Romance" at a local library for the first time was a lot of fun. Didn't sell any books because I didn't have any, but I learned some things about this event and what to do better for next time.

Namely--have some physical books. I'll try to squeeze that herculean task into my schedule between now and October. It'd be nice to have physical books at my conference as well. I might need a little help from my friends, however, as I didn't do so well the last time I tried get physical books printed. I'm missing a trick somewhere.

I tried creating a matching game of my covers with printable business cards...only no one realized it was a game and wanted to take the cards. So note to self...print up a set of cards for each cover, but have a QR code and the URL to my website on the back instead of my logo. And come up with a more obvious game and have a cool prize, like maybe a free book.

Overall, it was a fun night of hanging out and visiting with author friends as well as meeting library patrons.

On another quick note...my Dallas Stars won their game Saturday evening and the two teams ahead of them in the Central Division standing lost--meaning we moved into second place in our division and into sixth in League (out of 31 teams). Holy smokes!!! And we have the best record in the League since the end of October, until which time we had one of the worst.

Have some more sprinkles...


No comments: