Friday, December 27, 2019

There's a Reckoning Happening in RWA


Suffice to say some shit went down in RWA over Christmas. Yes, on the 23rd, 24th, 25th... While everyone should have been spending time with family.

An issue serious enough that I've heard a few people say that RWA might not recover.

If you really want to know about it, type in RWA and racism into your favorite search engine. If the name of a Chinese-American author pops up, that's the thing...

I missed it all because the only people and organizations I follow on Twitter are hockey related.

In case you haven't cottoned on--I'm not your typical author. Not by a long shot. I don't track my sales, I don't read my reviews, and I certainly don't spend a whole lot of time creating a vast network of fellow authors just to have numbers. I don't publish a newsletter and I don't have an authors reader group.

I wouldn't even be a member of the national organization if I didn't have to be in order to be a member of the local chapter. They pissed me off several years ago, but my local group is worth the cost of admission.

At this point, I'm seriously considering not renewing when the time comes. That decision depends on a lot of things several which I don't even know right now.

Anyway, it's been a heck of a day and I'm feeling pretty beat down over it all.

So thank goodness it's Friday.

Y'all have a great weekend.





No comments: