Friday, October 11, 2019

Albuquerque bound...


Sandia Peak Tramway 
(image from https://sandia-peak-tramway.business.site/)

I'm thinking of this as an excursion while in New Mexico. I'm not keen on heights, but it looks fabulous.

The countdown is really on now...five days until departure day and I'm making good progress with the various levels or preparation.

What various levels of preparation are you talking about Jen? You're going to be gone for a week.

Well, I have to make sure the office can function without me and I have to make sure all the bills are paid through the day I come back. Payday also happens the day I leave, so I have to create those to leave with the bossman to hand out, as well as make sure the money to cover them is in place.

My roommate for the conference is from the UK, and she's coming in a few days early so as to take advantage of cheaper air fare rates--but that means I have to get the guest room clean and ready and I had to tackle that bathtub issue because that really was embarrassing.

I also have to make sure DH has enough clean clothes and food to get him through the week as well as grocery shop in advance for the week of my return so I don't have to worry about having food in the house. We'll only be missing fresh salad stuff. 

And then there's me...just general packing as well as prepping for the book signing.

My book signing kit is just about put together--one last thing to go into it when I get home from work today. 

All that's left is general packing and I've already started gathering some of the extraneous stuff. 

So on schedule and ready to go!!

Have a great weekend.



No comments: