Monday, June 24, 2019

Mission Accomplished


Another lake retreat is in the books and was a great success for all six of us. My goal was to read through and edit the whole of "Snowball," which I did. The book's not ready to go to my editor just yet, but it's that much closer. There were a couple of scenes which needed big tweaks. Those got made. Most of the book just needed a more consistent arc of one of the protagonists' feeling about the plot I dropped him in. That hasn't been completely accomplished yet, but it's closer.

Of course, our friendships were cemented and we talked about how our lives have changed since last year's trip. Mostly all for the better.

From left to right: Gina, Regina, Susie, Clover, Chrissy, and me...

Now if you're wondering why I'm wearing boots on a boat ride, it's because the boat was actually our mode of transportation to a restaurant on one of the many marinas around the lake where we had lunch.

While I was down in this area of Texas, I also got to see my beautiful Brown Eyed Girl.


As you can imagine, none of us wanted to return to our real lives, but that's what makes this weekend so special.

Hope you had a lovely weekend. Catch you Wednesday.

PS--Sonshine's in town and I get to see him Wednesday or Thursday. Yippee!!!!

 



No comments: