Friday, January 25, 2019

My Celebrity Dinner Party...


Okay, I thought that would be a more interesting topic when I came across it, but as I was thinking about who the celebrities would be... after Benedict Cumberbatch, it would be... drum roll please...

I bet you know the answer, right?

Yup.

Hockey players.

Tyler Seguin, Sidney Crosby, Marc Andre Fleury, Mattias Janmark, and Nate Schmidt. Maybe Roman Polak, Anton Khudobin, and Evgeni Malkin. Oh, and Jason Dickinson.

This is actually a nice cross section of positions. Two goalies, two defensemen, and five forwards. I have one more goalie and two more forwards than I need on a single shift, but this isn't about a game. It's about my dinner party.

Are they all pretty? I find them all pleasing to my eye but not all of them are necessarily classically handsome or hot.

One of my favorite pics of Tyler...

He's a good player, don't get me wrong. One of the Stars best. But the aesthetics...



Sidney...

Sidney is actually the best player in the world right now. But also the aesthetics. He might not be everone's cup of tea, but between his hockey, his personality, and his looks, he's my straight up favorite hockey player.



Marc Andre...

Marc Andre no longer plays for the Penguins--he's a Golden Knight now, but it's a cute picture. One of the things that I love most about Marc Andre is that he's almost always smiling. That, and he thanks the posts and cross bars of the net (he's a goaltender) when they help him out by giving them a rub or a pat.



Mattias...
There's just something about Mattias. He just looks sweet and kind and gentle.



Evgeni...
I'm not sure I can explain the appeal. He's Sidney Crosby's teammate and a great hockey player in his own right. He's also Russian, so there's that.



Are we noticing a trend? I like the backwards ball caps. :0)

Jason...
One of the Stars talented young forwards. I chose him to attend the dinner party more for DD than myself. She's a big fan.



Anton...
Anton is one the Dallas Stars snappiest dressers. He's also a bear in goal.

Nate...
This picture doesn't reflect it, but in post-game interviews Nate almost always has this rosy glow about him. He's got a huge smile and you can just see how much he loves to play. And he's always got more than a general soundbite for the media.

And last but not least..Roman...
Okay so he's no Sidney Crosby or Tyler Seguin. And it's not the most flattering picture of Roman, but I chose it for a reason. As you can probably see he's a bit banged up: cut across his nose, his left eye his black and blue. That's because this guy always sticks up for his teammates. If he thinks justice wasn't served, he'll take it upon himself to avenge them.

What's on the menu? Probably a lot of protein and carbs. Hockey players have a hard time maintaining their weight as the season progresses.

So that was a pleasant way to spend a few minutes on a Friday. At least for me.

Have a great weekend...






No comments: