Friday, August 17, 2018

Carb-free treats...


They take some getting used to, that's for sure...

This week I made Keto peanut butter cookies and Keto chocolate.

The peanut butter cookies were very, very dry and crumbled in my mouth as soon as I took a bite. They were good with milk though.


The Keto chocolates were okay. I've always had a sweet tooth and while these weren't sweet exactly, they should take care of the any cravings. I did add a tablespoon of Stevia to counteract the bitterness of the cocoa powder. Next time, I might add two to see if that adds any actual sweetness to them.

And yes--I used my deviled egg plate as a mold. :0)


The biggest issue with the chocolates, if you want to consider it an issue, is that they have to stay refrigerated or else they melt back into a puddle of chocolate goo. (See the center blob of chocolate.) Mostly it means I can't take them with me without packing them in a cooler with ice.

Next up on the Keto recipe experiment... Pumpkin Cheesecake. **adds ingredients to shopping list

Image from this URL: https://www.heyketomama.com/keto-pumpkin-cheesecake/

Have a great weekend!! 

 

No comments: