Monday, July 23, 2018

What is cereal coming to?


Maybe it's been like this for a while and I didn't notice since I don't really eat cereal anymore. I buy Cheerios for DH and otherwise don't look closely at what else is on offer because why torture myself?

Maybe it's always been like this, but I didn't notice because I consumed it and was deep in cereal love.


So I was grocery shopping yesterday morning, as I am wont to do, and saw these:

Dippin Dots are an ice cream generally found at ball parks and fairs and such. Now it's a cereal, at least for a limited time.
Now the cookie cereal isn't much of a surprise, because there's been a cookie cereal for quite some time. 
Now the Nilla Banana Pudding cereal really caught my attention because DH loves banana pudding. I was sorely tempted to buy it, but I didn't. He seemed interested in it when I showed him the picture, so I might surprise him with it next time I go shopping.

I do occasionally break down and have a bowl of Cheerios, because I deserve a treat sometimes or I just have no more willpower.

I mean I ate cereal everyday for breakfast pretty much my entire life. Once even, when my husband took the kids to visit his mom and I stayed behind, all I bought for me to eat while they were gone...three or for boxes of my favorite cereals.

My favorites include Frosted Mimi Wheats, Corn Pops, and Frosted Flakes. All are 1000% better with chocolate milk over white milk. That's my sweet tooth talking. :0)

No more cereal though as a general rule. It's not the greatest food for you, even the healthy stuff, for a variety of reasons, but it's full of BAD carbs/sugar and you know those are my mortal enemies.

Hope you had a cooler weekend than I did--111* on Saturday, blech, but we are down to 101* today, so WHEW.

Are you a fan of cereal? If so, what's your favorite?







No comments: