Monday, July 30, 2018

Refreshed and Inspired and Raring to Go...


You might have noticed that I missed posting Friday's blog... I was at the lake having too much fun.

 The view of Lake Conroe from the back deck.

I had planned to post, but time got away from me. :0)

Spending four days with my dearest friends in such a lovely setting is a treat like no other.

Everyone got something done.

My WIP grew by 2K words and I realized how many scenes were missing from it--meaning more words to come. That's a good thing because it was shorter than I like my books to be. The transition from a man/woman romance to a man/man romance is pretty well complete. There are just a few phrases here and there I need to masculine up a bit, but I think I have all the pronouns straightened out.

I figured out how to use the second book still and fleshed out a third character for a possible third book. That's always exciting for me. I'm not the writer who always has a plethora of idea bubbling in my head.

In between sprints and meals and fun, we bonded. Our friendship collectively as well as individually has grown over the years, and we learn so much from each other. That's the real gift of the weekend. These women and the blessing of knowing them.

I have also been inspired to keep on keeping on, to continue on my journeys--the writing/publishing journey as well as the weight loss journey. When people tell you they're inspired by you, there's a pressure to stay the course and not back track. For me it's not a bad pressure, but rather a good one. Even when I'm tempted to be done with whole thing--I've reached my original goal after all--they keep me going. I don't want to let them down.

Hope you had a lovely weekend as well.




No comments: