Wednesday, January 24, 2018

The importance of good dental care...


I went to the dentist on Monday for an abscess. Luckily it was in the gum and not in the tooth and the tooth was spared pulling. For now.

Unfortunately, most of my dental problems could have been avoided if I had just been more diligent about dental care way way way back in the day. But money was tight for a while and so I just didn't. And now, well, my mouth is not in great shape.

I might have to give up a couple of those Stars hockey games and re-route those funds into the dental bucket because I do not want to lose anymore teeth. (I had two pulled 3.5 years ago.) While there may come a time when the back molar I went to the dentist to have looked at, or other teeth, will need to be pulled, I want to keep what teeth I have in my mouth as long as possible.

So... time for diligence in brushing, flossing, water picking, and mouth-washing, as well as in dental visits.

My 50th birthday is coming up. I still have a good chunk of life left to live. I want my teeth to be and stay in the best shape I can get them in for as long as possible.

So PSA for the day, the week, the month--take care of your teeth!!

No comments: