Monday, April 10, 2017

More hockey surprises...


In April before the trade deadline, the Stars lost four players in trades. Good players. Producing players. But we got draft picks in exchange for a couple of them, so...we'll see how that plays out in June.

But Saturday after the last game of the season came the news that the coach (!!) was let go. At first I wasn't sure why, but after some article reading I figured out that while this coach is one of winningest coaches in the NHL, this season was the Stars second worst season record since they moved to Dallas. Since the coach's contract expired, I guess the higher ups figured that shaking things up might -- um -- shake things up.

I guess we'll see how the summer and training camp plays out. *fingers crossed*

In other Jen-related hockey news, my two second favorite teams both made it to the playoffs. The problem is, they're in the same division--meaning they play each other in that first round, so somebody's going home...someone's going to the second round.


The Columbus Blue Jackets vs  the Pittsburgh Penguins.

I'll be happy and sad at the same time either way it shakes out.


No comments: