Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Feeling a little blue...


The youngest FitzGerald begins his grandest adventure to date. No, he didn't die. He left for boot camp almost two years ago, and that was the absolute worst day I ever lived through. Even now, I still get teary eyed when I think of saying goodbye to him.


ANYWAY...

He didn't choose a job going in so he was assigned to a ship in dry dock and had been doing grunt work for the better part of a year. He finally got into a job he wanted and has been in training for the last several months.

Apparently now the ship is ready to test its readiness and is going to sea. They're not leaving for their official deployment--I think that involves more pomp and circumstance and family visits on the ship but I can't be sure about that yet.

So the ship is getting ready to get underway as I finish this up. There's no cell service on the ship, so no more texting and talking for a while, just emails... And while we don't communicate as much as we once did, the ability to do so on a whim is gone for awhile.

Sonshine, DH, and me last year when we visited Seattle.


I'm super excited for him to finally experience this aspect of Navy life, but it's still kinda sad for me.

I do have plenty of things to keep me busy, so that's good. Anyway, hug your kid/s and tell them you love them as often as you can.





No comments: