Monday, July 18, 2016

Fresh start...


Mid-June to mid-July is always a hectic time around here (pre-fireworks, fireworks, post-fireworks) and my routines get out of whack for a variety of reasons.

I haven't written in a couple of weeks, I've slacked off the exercise, and rarely count calories to the exact number. That is to say, I know mostly how many I'm consuming since I tend to eat relatively the same thing every day. Surprisingly I have only gained maybe 2 or 3 pounds. I thought it would have been more...

But now that life has finally settled down, it's time to get back on track!

My goal is to write a minimum of 250 words/1 page a day for at least a week. We'll see how how that goes and increase the number if I feel like I'm ready for more.

I joined a gym last week. The goal is to go at least twice a week, but shooting for three, and walk on the home treadmill most other days depending on how I feel. I do listen to my body, so there will be no going overboard. My intent as I head toward 50 (two years away) is to tone what I have and increase my flexibility and stamina. I also want to take some ballet classes next year. :)

Along with the gym thing, I will get back to counting calories.

It's time to reach that 120lb. goal once and for all. :)


No comments: