Proofreader Services

For more information about my proof reading services, click here.

2016 Goals

  • write to my grandmother every six weeks or so
  • call my moms every month or so
  • cook/eat better
  • clean out and organize my writng/craft room
  • re-institute the cleaning plan
  • publish six books by September 2017
  • reach 120 to 125 pounds
  • walk the dog three times a week

Followers

Blog Archive

Blog Archive

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "
Friday, May 20, 2016

Time Heals All Wounds


There was a time, not so long ago, that I would have given quite a lot to go back in time. To a time when my kids, Sonshine especially, were still home.


But I've discovered that, as a friend said to me, just because we become adults doesn't mean we stop growing up. Now, I'm not sure what I'm doing could be considered "growing up." I might call it evolving.

Now that I'm not longer having to actively be a mom--not that I was always doing a good job--and which I had been doing since I was nineteen, I can now discover who I am aside from wife and mother. I've been a slow work in progress, but now that other important tasks have been completed, the progress can proceed at a little bit faster pace.

Y'all already know I'm a fan girl, that's been a thing for a while, but now I can explore that a little more like traveling for a fan-run fandom con.

I'm learning that I like to watch sports--some sports anyway. English football of all things. The funny thing is, DH played soccer as a child and until recently, I had no use whatsoever for soccer. I grew up watching baseball and figured that'd be my sport of choice. But hockey is Sonshine's sport of choice and Stanley Cup playoffs, so I've been watching a bit of that, and then for research for a book, I watched a football match and...I liked it. So I watched another and another and well...now I'm a fan. And I have this super duper app that lets me watch them on my terms.

So as the blog is called...there certainly is a time for everything!

Happy Friday!




0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Jen FitzGerald
Thanks for stopping by one of my little corners of the world wide web. So, a little about me...My husband and I have been married for twenty years and we have three adult children although our youngest is still in high school. We've lived in Texas for fifteen years and for the rest of the story, click here.
View my complete profile

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow by Email

Jen's Glossary of Terms

  • DH = my husband
  • my Brown Eyed Girl = my oldest daughter
  • DD = my Darling Daughter (the younger one)
  • Sonshine or Marching Band Boy = my son
  • NT = the North Texas chapter of RWA
  • RWA = Romance Writers of America