Proofreader Services

For more information about my proof reading services, click here.

2016 Goals

  • write to my grandmother every six weeks or so
  • call my moms every month or so
  • cook/eat better
  • clean out and organize my writng/craft room
  • re-institute the cleaning plan
  • publish six books by September 2017
  • reach 120 to 125 pounds
  • walk the dog three times a week

Followers

Blog Archive

Blog Archive

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "
Friday, January 8, 2016

The Abominable Bride - the BBC Sherlock special in the theater...



The much anticipated Sherlock special aired New Years Day in the late evening, was shown in theaters around the world on the 5th and 6th, and will be re-aired on PBS Sunday January 10th at 9pm locally. Check your PBS station for time if you're so inclined!

I watched it on New Year's Day, I saw it in the theater this past Tuesday, and I will be re-watching on Sunday. And chances are great that I'll be buying the digital copy through iTunes here in the very near future. Yes, I'm that fan. (Though not as *that fan* as some people I'm acquainted with online.)


The film was a one-off special taking Holmes and Watson back to their Victorian roots. Mostly. It wasn't supposed to have much to do with the contemporary plot lines of the series in general, but...it did. A bit.

Overall, I enjoyed the movie tremendously. While it had a lot of gothic-horror-type elements, it wasn't graphic and it was quite funny. The writers poked a lot of fun at their contemporary version and there was a reason for that.


There were two things I specifically didn't like, although one is attributed to the above-mentioned "reason" and I can accept that, though I don't like it any better. The second thing, while somewhat understandable, I just hate that the writers went there, and I think it was completely unnecessary. But I'm not Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffatt--two of the most prolific, popular, and successful writers for TV in Britain at the moment. So what do I know?

If you are a fan of the show and have seen the special--what did you think??


0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Jen FitzGerald
Thanks for stopping by one of my little corners of the world wide web. So, a little about me...My husband and I have been married for twenty years and we have three adult children although our youngest is still in high school. We've lived in Texas for fifteen years and for the rest of the story, click here.
View my complete profile

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow by Email

Jen's Glossary of Terms

  • DH = my husband
  • my Brown Eyed Girl = my oldest daughter
  • DD = my Darling Daughter (the younger one)
  • Sonshine or Marching Band Boy = my son
  • NT = the North Texas chapter of RWA
  • RWA = Romance Writers of America