Proofreader Services

For more information about my proof reading services, click here.

2017 Goals

  • write to my grandmother every six weeks or so
  • call my moms every month or so
  • cook/eat better
  • clean out and organize my writng/craft room
  • re-institute the cleaning plan
  • publish six books by September 2017
  • reach 120 to 125 pounds
  • walk the dog three times a week

Followers

Blog Archive

Blog Archive

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "
Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Final Roundup of 2015 Goals


Well, the year is just about over. It's time for a final recap of my goals, which can be found just to the left.

1) Do more crafts--lots of cross stitching done and then some other random things for Christmas.

DONE!




2) Self-publish a book--I wrote one, but lost confidence and interest in getting it revised.

NOT DONE :(

3) Research degree programs--never got past the "yeah, I should do that" phase

NOT DONE :(

4) Work on the yards--um...we hired a guy. Does that count? They always look nice now.

DONE!

5) Ramp up the proof-reading business--I did great through May. Then I lost interest in it. But the goal was technically accomplished.

DONE!

6) Clean up/clean out the house--did some random things, but not enough that I count this as accomplished.

NOT DONE :(

7) Get healthy and well--considering where I was last year at this time and well into the new year, I count this goal met.

DONE!

8) Writer 2500 words a week--despite the book I wrote and the fan fic I wrote in November & December, I fell way short of the mark.

NOT DONE :(

9) Read 3 million words--yes, yes, and OMG, YES! Final tally came in at 13, 497,481. I reached the 3-mill mark some time in February. Yeah I did A LOT of reading last winter and throughout the year.

DONE!

10) Reach the 120lb. mark--alas, I waited too long to get serious about this. This past Monday morning I weighed in at 135lbs. I have a ways to go, but the progress I've been making for the last couple of months will carry me forward into the new year.

NOT DONE :(

So I had a 50% success rate. But I feel pretty good about everything and that's the point. The things I didn't accomplish, well... the blog title is "A Time for Everything," so...just not time yet??

What about you?? Did you have goals for the year? If so, how'd you do??

Have a fun and safe New Year's Eve!!


0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Jen FitzGerald
Thanks for stopping by one of my little corners of the world wide web. So, a little about me...My husband and I have been married for twenty years and we have three adult children although our youngest is still in high school. We've lived in Texas for fifteen years and for the rest of the story, click here.
View my complete profile

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow by Email

Jen's Glossary of Terms

  • DH = my husband
  • my Brown Eyed Girl = my oldest daughter
  • DD = my Darling Daughter (the younger one)
  • Sonshine or Marching Band Boy = my son
  • NT = the North Texas chapter of RWA
  • RWA = Romance Writers of America