Friday, October 30, 2015

NANOWRIMO!




Otherwise known as National Novel Writing Month...I signed up. The premise is to join millions of others around the world and spew 50K or more unedited words on the pages during the month of November.

I couldn't find the stats, but I'm sure you've heard them before. A lot of people say they want to write a book. Most people never start and, of those who do, they give up at some point.

NaNoWriMo is supposed to be a fun, no pressure way to find accountability and support to write a book. I've heard about it for years, but never felt the draw. I mean, up until recently I didn't really have the time I thought it would take to write that much. And this year I still don't because I have a couple of series bibles to work on as well as my special cross stitch project to make progress on, but...

The friends I hang with online all day every day are all signed up, so I thought what the heck--I can be a cheerleader. I'm good at that. And while I don't have a book I want to write, but I do have a fan fiction assignment due Nov. 23rd, so I will be writing.

What about you? Anyone else doing NaNo? Even their own modified version?


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're joining us! :)

Jen FitzGerald said...

Well, I need to buddy you then, don't I?