Friday, October 23, 2015

Happy Fall Y'All


Yeah, it's technically been fall for a month, but sometimes it's hard to tell here in Texas, since our summer is so long it starts a bit early and tends to go a bit long.

But now we've got the wonderfully cool overnight temperatures which means we can sleep with the windows open for a few weeks.

The the most obvious harbinger of fall is of course the changing colors of the leaves, and so for a few weeks, I'm going to watch and share the changing colors of the leaves on my trees.


The one on the right is the maple, but I'm not sure about the one on the left. Apparently there are quite a few trees that use samaras ("helicopter" pods) to sow their seeds, and I didn't care that much to do the research to figure it out. Needless to say, it's already begun changing color and dropping its leaves. The oak is just dive bombing me with acorns right now.


Now this is the neighbor-across-the-street's oak. I'm sharing it is because the leaves on my tree just turn plain old brown. But if I remember correctly, the leaves on this one turn a maroon/burgundy color.

Are you a fall lover?


No comments: