Friday, May 22, 2015

Pushing Past the Self-Doubts and the Fear


For the past two months I've been hard at work on a brand new book. My track record is abysmal when it comes to actually finishing, I will admit, but I really love these characters and really do want to share them with the world.

The last two weeks have been a struggle for me and this is probably the point at which I've given up and quit in the past, but I've continued on even if I only worked on it for half an hour, fifteen minutes, five minutes...

(This is how I feel--overtaken by doubt and fear...)

It probably wasn't the best timing to take a particular online class either as now I'm worrying about that aspect of my book. I will admit to not working on it at all for a few days here and there, and reading when I should have been writing/revising. It definitely helped get me back to work to have writer friends encouraging me to stick with it and asking to read the book. (Well, that also a little scary, frankly.)

So I've put on my big girl panties and gotten back to work with determination to get the story to a good enough state to send to one of my critique partners. (She's not too scary.) She keeps asking for it. I'll see what she has to say and then make yet another pass at it and see where it stands.

I thought this was appropriate--end of story, you know THE END...

Anyway...




No comments: