Monday, May 18, 2015

Music Monday


So there's this piece of classical music that brings a smile to my face every time I hear it. Part of that smile come from the fact that I recognize a piece of classical music by "sound" which is rare enough for me. But part of it is that I recognize it from a particularly amusing bit of television. The musical piece? The Thieving Magpie by Gioachino Rossini.

We're revisiting the BBC's Sherlock--the episode (The Reichenbach Fall) in which Jim Moriarty (the Professor from the original stories) breaks into the display of the Crown Jewels in the Tower of London... The actor, Andrew Scott, wasn't instructed to dance while he was doing his bit, but he did and it's brilliant. So for your viewing and or listening pleasure...

If you just want to listen to the music, choose this video...



If you want to watch the scene of Sherlock in its entirety with music and dialogue and the awesome Andrew Scott, choose this video...


No comments: