Wednesday, April 8, 2015

First Quarter Goal Update


Well, we're a quarter of the way through the year, and I thought it a good time to check in on how I'm doing goal wise...My list is to the left and down...so starting at the top...

1) do more crafts -- um, no, not so much at this point, although I did make some chocolate bath salts for a friends birthday in February...

2) self-publish a book -- not as of yet, although I did get back into the writing groove, original fiction wise (as opposed to fan fiction), and have been cruising along getting words on the page; it feels good...

3) research degree programs --  nope, not yet...

4) work on the yards --  sorta kinda -- that is to say the DH has started mowing and weed whacking on a weekly basis, but nothing extra like trimming the holly or planting flowers or whatever...

5) ramp up the proof reading business -- have had fairly steady jobs since the beginning of the year, so yes, but time to go send out some more ads and notices into the universe for the second quarter...

6) clean up/clean out the house -- I've done a little cleaning out, not too much cleaning up; I was gonna wait till the dog was gone, but she's back for good so time to get off the pot; I did bring the mop and bucket home from the office, so floors will get a mopping very soon...

7) get healthy and well -- trying, but it's slow going; I'm not feeling entirely 100% yet, but making progress...

8) write 2500 words a week -- so we're 14 weeks into the year, which means I should have written 35K words by now; in reality, I've written 27.5K at this point; so I'm a little behind...

9) read 3 million words of fiction -- blew that away by the end of February; I'm interested to see where I'll be by the end of the year...

10) reach the 120LB. mark -- haven't really worked toward this at all yet; things just haven't been conducive to me putting in the effort, although I do walk on the treadmill every weekday morning without fail; I really need to get back to proteins and salads...


And there you have it!

How about you? Have you made progress on your goals?


No comments: