Friday, November 7, 2014

What have I been up to...?


Working mostly.

My responsibilities at work have increased exponentially, so I actually do work most of my day. Yes, I used to have a lot of free time. Not so much any more.

And since I actually work all day, I'm pretty pooped by the end of it, so I read to relax and wind down. What am I reading? Mostly Sherlock fic. Tons and tons of it.

I fit in a bit of housework here and there as well as keeping tabs on a few fandoms, mainly Sherlock and Harry Potter. Yes, Harry Potter. Not as crazy busy as back in the hey day of books and movies, but still active.

Speaking of fan fiction, I'm co-presenting a talk on how writing fan fiction can improve your writing in general to a group of 11- to 19-year-olds at one of our local libraries. I'm actually doing it to help a high school aged Girl Scout achieve her Gold Award. You know how I love fic, so a chance to talk about it seemed like a no brainer!

And also...


Have a great weekend.


3 comments:

Regina Richards said...

Sounds like a busy season in your life. And with Christmas on the way it'll only get busier. Be sure you take care of yourself.

Jen FitzGerald said...

Thanks, Regina. I'll do my best, and same to you.

Clover Autrey said...

Had a great time with you yesterday!