Monday, May 26, 2014

Three lovely days...


...to rest and relax. The weather was perfect for yard work--warm but partly cloudy.

Before the weekend started, I made a list of all the things I wanted to get done yard work wise. Sadly I went great guns on Saturday and was left pretty wrung out on Sunday. So instead of carrying on my yard work, I took care of the normal inside chores such as laundry.

I've been wanting to get my backyard lawn back up to snuff--actual grass rather than 90% weeds. That requires me to rake up all the crap imbedded down in between the grass and weeds. A very tedious and labor intensive task.

But here are a few of the things I accomplished...


 I screwed the two hooks to the shed to hang my two new hanging baskets...
...one white (below) and one red vinca.


Remember this lovely and fun planter I bought last year around this time?


Well, the flowers died, of course, so I replaced the flowers and now I have this...

That's blue lobelia in the center with white vinca and red petunias alternating around it. What do you think?

I also had plant my lemon slice super bells...



I still have quite a few tasks to get done. Hopefully, my energy will back up to near normals and I'll get some more yard work done today. Best of all I got to sleep in today. I don't get to do that very often.

How has your weekend been so far?

1 comment:

Regina Richards said...

Love the flowers! My weekend is going well. We have a houseguest for the next two weeks. He's one of my son's buddies from college who took a job in Dallas following graduation and can't move into his new apartment in Carrollton until June. He's a nice young man and we are enjoying his company.