Proofreader Services

For more information about my proof reading services, click here.

2016 Goals

  • write to my grandmother every six weeks or so
  • call my moms every month or so
  • cook/eat better
  • clean out and organize my writng/craft room
  • re-institute the cleaning plan
  • publish six books by September 2017
  • reach 120 to 125 pounds
  • walk the dog three times a week

Followers

Blog Archive

Blog Archive

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "
Monday, May 26, 2014

Three lovely days...


...to rest and relax. The weather was perfect for yard work--warm but partly cloudy.

Before the weekend started, I made a list of all the things I wanted to get done yard work wise. Sadly I went great guns on Saturday and was left pretty wrung out on Sunday. So instead of carrying on my yard work, I took care of the normal inside chores such as laundry.

I've been wanting to get my backyard lawn back up to snuff--actual grass rather than 90% weeds. That requires me to rake up all the crap imbedded down in between the grass and weeds. A very tedious and labor intensive task.

But here are a few of the things I accomplished...


 I screwed the two hooks to the shed to hang my two new hanging baskets...
...one white (below) and one red vinca.


Remember this lovely and fun planter I bought last year around this time?


Well, the flowers died, of course, so I replaced the flowers and now I have this...

That's blue lobelia in the center with white vinca and red petunias alternating around it. What do you think?

I also had plant my lemon slice super bells...



I still have quite a few tasks to get done. Hopefully, my energy will back up to near normals and I'll get some more yard work done today. Best of all I got to sleep in today. I don't get to do that very often.

How has your weekend been so far?

1 comments:

Regina Richards said...

Love the flowers! My weekend is going well. We have a houseguest for the next two weeks. He's one of my son's buddies from college who took a job in Dallas following graduation and can't move into his new apartment in Carrollton until June. He's a nice young man and we are enjoying his company.

About Me

My Photo
Jen FitzGerald
Thanks for stopping by one of my little corners of the world wide web. So, a little about me...My husband and I have been married for twenty years and we have three adult children although our youngest is still in high school. We've lived in Texas for fifteen years and for the rest of the story, click here.
View my complete profile

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow by Email

Jen's Glossary of Terms

  • DH = my husband
  • my Brown Eyed Girl = my oldest daughter
  • DD = my Darling Daughter (the younger one)
  • Sonshine or Marching Band Boy = my son
  • NT = the North Texas chapter of RWA
  • RWA = Romance Writers of America