Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Every girl or woman deserves flowers at least once in their life, right?


And those flowers don't have to be from a man. Although that's always nice, isn't it?

My family lives far far away from me. Oregon, Nebraska, Michigan, Denmark. Most of them are women or girls--I have four nieces, all sisters and all born within five years of each other. (I think. No more than six, though.) And the oldest is entering her teenage years. I don't envy my sister. My own two daughters were enough.

The point of my post is that they're far away and I don't get to see them very often at all, so last year I started sending the nieces flowers on their birthdays. I wanted them to know I'm thinking of them and that they're special to me.

These are the flowers I sent them last year...

 Ariana, January 2013
(I guess this isn't really flowers, is it. Oops!)

 Lexi, July 2013

 
 Miranda, August 2013

 Kaitlyn, December 2013

I've been sending flowers to mom and grandmother for a few years now. Last year, I added my step-mom to the list, and this year, I'm going to add my sisters. I think I'm going to have to add a line item to my budget for sending flowers. Those flowers to Denmark--not cheap! And I've added a tab to my master spreadsheet of stuff with the pictures so I can keep track of which flower arrangement I've sent to which niece. I'm not so worried about the grown women, but I don't want to duplicate the girls' flowers.

When was the last time you received flowers?

2 comments:

Regina Richards said...

What a cool idea!

Unknown said...

Awesome gift! The last time I received flowers was on the anniversary of my father's death. Not a happy occasion, but it was a kind gesture.