Monday, December 2, 2013

Refreshed...?


Yeah, for the most part.

After most of nine days away from work, I am back. What I wouldn't give for another nine days and another nine and another. In other words, I wish I didn't have to work. DH keeps promising that eventually he'll hire someone to do most of what I do and then I can work from home. And I'm holding on to that promise.

So if I did work from home or was able to give up work completely, what would my day entail?

Well, cleaning for one. I'd definitely get back on a regular cleaning schedule and those once-in-a-great-while tasks would happen more regularly. I had a schedule once upon a time and it worked really well.

I'd cook too. It's hard to cook a tasty delicious meal when you get home at 5:15 and are already starving!!! If I were home I'd be able to start soups and stews and casseroles in the middle of the day and have them ready at a decent mealtime.

I'd exercise everyday. Well, I'd intend to, anyhow, since I'd have all those lovely hours to fill. Plus, then I could eat all those tasty meals I'd be cooking without worrying too much about carbs and calories.

And, of course, I'd proofread and write. There'd definitely be time for one or both everyday.

I'd do crafts and bake and basically be Suzy Homemaker. I should have been born in the 1930s or 40s when it was expected and acceptable and not frowned upon to aspire to that. But you know, I like being at home taking care of my family.

What about you?

Career Woman or Suzy Homemaker?


6 comments:

Regina Richards said...

I've been Suzy Homemaker for 20 years now and I admit when the kids were still home I absolutely loved it. But now that it's just Steve and me, I'm not as enchanted with it. I tried joining a lot of interest groups to get additional human interaction, but while a few are certainly life-enhancing, too many just start to fill like time-filling rather than actually accomplishing anything. So I'm still exploring how I want to use all this newly acquired time.

Jen FitzGerald said...

Good luck, Regina. I hope you find something fun, fulfilling, and possibly profitable as well.

Anonymous said...

I was career woman, homemaker, career woman, and now I think I've combined the two (fingers crossed) by having a career from home. Only time will tell :-)

Nancy

Unknown said...

I'd love to be able to work from home, but sometimes I wonder if it would really be satisfying. The grass is always greener, and all that... :)

Jen FitzGerald said...

My fingers are crossed for you, too, Nancy!

I hear ya, Lara.

Blogger said...

Discover how 1,000's of individuals like YOU are working for a LIVING from home and are fulfilling their dreams right NOW.
GET FREE ACCESS INSTANLY