Monday, October 28, 2013

I wanna talk about me!


Well, don't I always? ha ha ha!!!

Really more of an update, I guess...

Sonshine needed to get his eyes examined and we made a (Saturday) morning of it. Mostly because the optometrist opened her doors later than I expected. I mentioned a while back that I thought I was at the very beginnings of the big change we women go through. A few months ago, I started having trouble seeing things up close--words on a page or my cross stitch projects, etc. I bought a couple pair of magnifying reading glasses to get me by, but figured I ought to have them professionally evaluated. Glad to report that Dr. Bean said my eyes weren't bad enough to require prescription glasses just yet and that the magnifying reading glasses were fine for a while longer.

Homecoming for Sonshine is next Friday--Saturday was the first homecoming parade in quite a few years. They modified the parade route, so I couldn't walk to it, but the school's not that far, so DD and I met DH up at the school to watch. Sonshine had to march with his JROTC battalion rather than the band.

 In his new uniform as we were leaving to drop him off...




 That's my boy right there up front on the far left...



After we dropped him off to get ready for the parade, DD and I went to The Home Depot and I got a pumpkin! (I got other things too, but pictures of that later.)


Before...


After several hours of work, this is the result...

Yeah, I so had to go there! But I wanted another pumpkin, so I bought another at the grocery store...pics of that once I carve it.

How did you spend your weekend?



4 comments:

Regina Richards said...

Sonshine looks so handsome! And that pumpkin is awesome!

Char said...

Great pictures, Jen! And what a cool pumpkin. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Neat pumpkin! Let us know what the other one looks like, too? Spent the weekend celebrating rain :-)

Nancy

Jen FitzGerald said...

Hey, gals! Thanks for your faithfulness.