Friday, August 2, 2013

Fort Worth Friday--NOT!!


Unfortunately, I am out of pictures of Fort Worth. Which means I need to make another trip around town to get some. I haven't had time to go adventuring, so my apologies. Which means I'm pre-empting today's Fort Worth Friday. I've a tentative date set with Sonshine to get breakfast downtown on Sunday and then meander around. He has an interest in architecture too. Fort Worth Friday should be back on track in two weeks. In the meantime...

Random stuff is random.

So this past Wednesday I talked about all the walking I did in Nashville last week and how I've been attempting to keep up the good work/walk (lol) since I've been back. The first few days were okay, but they got tougher. Especially at 5AM. So I skipped a few in trying to listen to my body's needs. I think I'm over the hump for now. And while the walking is great, it doesn't specifically target my waist line.

There was a time when I did calisthenics at least three to four times a day in conjunction with my trips to the rest room. I have a standard cache of things I do, and they were helpful in getting my blood flowing (cuz I sit on my keister most of the day) and working the muscles around my waist. Now I've got an expanded waist line and I don't like it. So I'm back to some calisthenics. Not the full regime, but getting there. And one of these days, I'll get back to serious calorie counting using MyFitnessPal. I just can't seem to say no everything I should right now. Though, yesterday I opted for home brewed unsweet tea rather than hitting QT for rootbeer or Mickey D's for sweet tea. One NO at a time, I guess.

Remember those life lessons I posted last month and waxed poetic about?? Well, between those and my much-needed, long overdue vacation (short as it was), I've got a totally new attitude. I needed one. I was getting kind of grumpy and crabby.

And I've got some new goals. Some of those life lessons come into play and some are financial. DH is having me listen to some marketing seminars so that we can get our business to a few new levels. Anyway, these seminars are also beneficial for me in the proofreading business when the time comes that I want to and can take on more work. And I found this really cool budgeting software. It sorta does what I do in a spreadsheet, but automates it. I'm using a 34-day free trial, but I really like it so I'm pretty sure I'll end up buying it. I was originally looking for an inexpensive accounting software for the proofing biz, but happened upon this instead. But I s'pose I'll still need an accounting package...more research. Though Quicken seems like the most popular. Maybe I'll look for an iPad app and see what I stumble upon.

So lots of cool and exciting things going on in my world at the moment.

What about you?? What cool and exciting things are going on with YOU?

I really do want to know!

3 comments:

Regina Richards said...

One NO at a time. Love that!

I've been at that for 2 years now and it is changing my life, albeit slowly.

This past month I went to have my basal metabolic rate scientifically tested. The city does them as part of a wellness offering through the recreation center for $34 which I'm guessing is cost. Anyway, I learned that my metabolism runs a little higher than normal for my age and gender and that eating less than 1776 calories a day is a no-no for me since it could cause that to go down. I don't think I'm in any danger of eating that little so Mr. Metabolism is safe. I was advised on how to continue to make my metabolism rate rise and thus burn more calories just breathing and how long it would take to lose the weight I'd like to lose while eating their recommendation of 2000-2200 calories a day.

So now I need to get the next piece (good nutrition practices in place). One thing at a time.

Unknown said...

One no at a time, one step at a time. You're doing great, Jen! :)

Jen FitzGerald said...

Slow and steady wins the race Regina!!! We'll get there eventually.

Thanks, Lara. How are your efforts coming along?