Friday, August 30, 2013

Cel-A-Brate Good Times, C'mon!!!




Today is a good good day!!

First, I spoke with the band director last night and he welcomed my presence on the bus and at games and any amount of assistance I am willing to offer. So, whew!

I kept thinking about one thing Regina said Wednesday--and she always has a great perspective on things. She said she regretted the things she missed but never the things she attended. And she was right. I would've hated missing being at even one game. I mentioned Cowboy Stadium events and he doesn't seem like he's going to be as fanatical about them as our previous director, so that's good.

Anyway Friday Night Lights start tonight, and as always, our first game, more of an exhibition game, is across the Metroplex in another district. Woo hoo! Bring it on and more about the game probably Monday. Probably including pics 'cause I guess I also serve as the unofficial photographer.

(This was UIL last October.)

Second, this is post #700! Can you believe it?? It seems just like yesterday I hit #500. I started way back in 2007, and my posts were hit and miss. I didn't start getting regular and prolific until 2011... And I've noted that since the beginning of this year my page views have doubled on average. That's so cool. I don't know who you all are--if you're really reading or just coming across me on accident, but it's still exciting. I hope a few more of you might comment every now and again. I'd love to have that interaction with you, meet you, get to know you a bit.


Third, my mini-weight-loss goal of reaching 137 lbs. by September 1. Well, that's Sunday. Today's Friday. For the past couple of days, my morning weight is 137.x and my evening weight is 139.x. I'm going to consider it a win. Mainly because the intent of the goal was to get under and stay under the 140 lb. mark. I won't feel super comfy splurging for a few more days, but I'm happy and excited and proud of myself for finally getting over this hurdle.

Fourth, it's a three-day weekend!!! I'm gonna spend time in my yard and cleaning the house and relaxing. No pressure on the house- or yard- work. Just getting stuff done here and there.

I have lots of things to celebrate. What about you??

What can you celebrate??

3 comments:

Regina Richards said...

Great picture of you and Sonshine.

Congratulations on reaching your health goal! Very cool and very inspiring. Now where did I put my scale...

Unknown said...

Congrats on meeting your weight loss goal! I know how hard it is to lose weight, and you've set a really great example. I'm glad you're feeling better about band participation as well. Enjoy the game tonight, and have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful that things are working out with band! And SO happy for you with the weight loss. That is a super accomplishment. Congratulations!
Nancy