Friday, June 14, 2013

TGIF!


I have nothing exciting to talk about today, so I'm gonna just post pictures I've taken of random things over the last few weeks/months. Oh--wait my birthday was exciting and I do have some pictures of a few of my birthday prezzies.

First this awesome planter--don't you love it?? It's sitting right next to my front door so everyone can see and enjoy it right along with me.


My kids, the ones at home, bought me birthday cards! Wasn't that sweet?? The middle one with the chihuahua is from my mother-in-law and it plays music. :)

 

Also, Sonshine and DD made me PUPCAKES!!!!!!!!! My favorite cake flavor ever.

(Those're pumpkin cupcakes...)



Let's see...random things...

First a nest of lady bugs in my yard a few months ago. Actually, I can across several beds throughout the lawn. They're probably gone now.


Last weekend I was cleaning up the front yard, raking all the dead leaves out from under the dead hedges, and generally cleaning that area up in preparation for some live plants later...I came across this:


Yes, that's a G.I. Joe doll. He's covered in dirt and leaves and has a leg missing. Sonshine had several of them when he was younger and as he grew up, the way he played with them changed.

Here's a closeup of my Chinese Wisteria...it's growing like a weed and I'm having to wind its vines around the trellis. Can you see the one growing up the brick?

Well, that seems like enough for today. Hope you have a grand weekend!!!!

2 comments:

Regina Richards said...

Love the planter!

Unknown said...

Cute planter! Glad you had a good birthday :)