Friday, May 24, 2013

Movie Monday


It finally arrived!! The sequel to my all time fave film, Star Trek 2009 (aka the Reboot) --

Star Trek Into Darkness



I'd been waiting FOUR years for this blasted film to come out, and I was seriously disappointed when I found out it wasn't coming out last year. :(

Kirk, Spock, and the gang fight off the bad guys, including the recycled (from the film) Khan (played by Benedict Cumberbatch of Sherlock fame) and Admiral Marcus. For plot info, click here. We also meet Carol Marcus, who in the original series apparently becomes the mother of Kirk's only known son. Aw, man, that's a spoiler for me. I wish I hadn't found that out.

See, I've never seen the original series, so while I'm familiar with the franchise, I'm ignorant of a lot of the original series back story. I have however seen all the other series except the animated version.

Anyway, while I really love love loved Kirk and Spock's character arcs in this movie (I got weepy in a couple of scenes), the movie itself fell a little flat for me. My expectations were really high and I left the theater feeling it just wasn't as EPIC or WOW for me as the first one. Don't get me wrong, I'll see it at least once more in the theater and I'll buy the DVD when it comes out, but it won't replace its predecessor in my heart.

I'm giving the move eight out of ten movie reels.

Have you seen it? What did you think??

3 comments:

Regina Richards said...

hubby and I went. It was okay. Not bad, just not wow.

Unknown said...

I enjoyed it! I wish there had been more Bones, though. I thought the chase at the end was a bit over the top, but otherwise, I'm looking forward to the next one!

Black Min said...
This comment has been removed by the author.