Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Wishful Wednesday or If money were no object...


Of course, we all have things we'd like to do or places we'd like to go if money were no object. Today is wishful Wednesday and if I had a boatload of money, well, there are all kinds of things I could do with it.

Aside from just selling the house and moving, I'd spend money on my house. The house needs money spent on it either way and I like my house for the most part. It's a nice size and has a decent sized yard. The schools in this part of town not withstanding, I like where I live. It's my neighborhood.

First thing on the list of way to spend money on the house: the foundation. The heatwave and drought from last year or the year before wreaked havoc on my foundation. But that's boring so all it gets is a quick mention.

If you're my friend on Facebook, you'll know I've spent a lot of time in my yard this past weekend, bagging up the last of last fall's leaves, decapitating dandelions, picking up petrified dog doody, etc., etc., etc.

So the next thing to spend money on is a privacy fence. Our neighbors to the east put one up a couple of years ago. The neighbors to the west have a partial one, but it's a mess. So I'd (pay someone to) pull down all the chain link (that was installed upside down) and then have the privacy fence installed backwards, if you will, with the stringers facing inward. They don't bother me and they'll gives me a nice strong surface on which to hang things: bird feeders, hanging baskets, lights, or whatever else tickles my fancy. I'd have double gates put in too for ease of hauling larger things in and out as necessary.

Last evening on my way home, I finally bought the Chinese wisteria I'd been hankering after for years. Not that I want it to grow too big or monstrous, but this! I love the scent of these blooms, soft and delicate and delicious...

(picture courtesy WikiCommons)

What about you? If you had a chunk of change, how would you spend it?

6 comments:

Regina Richards said...

New truck for hubby and new flooring for me and a real vacation. Sadly those things will have to wait until the kids are out of college in 3-4 years since that's here all our money is going now.

Beautiful wisteria.

mtnchild said...

No matter how much I like my house (trailer), I would replace it with a 3bdr, 2bth ... and pay the whole thing off!! Now that's a pipe dream ... LOL

Unknown said...

I'd rent a room in an office building and make it into an awesome writing nook!

Chill N said...

Something I would *love* to do is leave a $100 tip for server at a restaurant. And how nice it would be to have a maid take care of the house and chores, especially grocery shopping. That would give me more time to smell the wisteria :-)

Nancy

Jen FitzGerald said...

All fabulous ideas, gals. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

good, you could do fashion design? www.kasper-suits.net [url=http://kasper-suits.net]suits for women[/url] [url=www.kasper-suits.net/]kasper suits[/url] [url=www.kasper-suits.net]kasper suits online[/url] after New York's telephone number One subway argument, your fashion can be boring. merely because an outfit" comprised of style trends and styles. fashion exemplification to a particular piece of music that has Either foresighted or twenty. kasper suit Use these merchandising tips on colorsPatternmaking and fashion experts say. honest religious belief and Septenary For All world, the Collapse of meek manner & I was burning the midnight oil, lapidation out, with the authoritative NFL Island of Jersey.