For more information about my proof reading services, click here.
2016 Reading Challenge
I've given up on the official Goodreads challenge, although I have borrowed their logo. I'm going for 3 million new words and the re-reading of whatever fics I decide sound worth reading a second time.
- be a better website person for my writing group
- be a better treasurer for my writing group
- get physically healthy and well
- walk the dog/walk to the post office
- reach that 120lb. mark (for real this time)
- get the house clean(er)
- keep cradfting/do a wider variety of crafts
- create pod fic
- read and re-read
- writie 10K to 15K word book for Christmas box set
- ► 2016 (105)
- ► 2015 (147)
- ► 2014 (150)
- ▼ March (13)
- ► 2012 (175)
- ► 2011 (119)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (64)
- ► 2008 (116)
- 2016 (105)
- 2015 (147)
- 2014 (150)
- 2012 (175)
- 2011 (119)
- 2010 (90)
- 2009 (64)
- 2008 (116)
- 2007 (32)
You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "
Friday, March 15, 2013
7:43:00 AM | Posted by Jen FitzGerald | | Edit Post
Fort Worth has many nicknames: Cowtown, Funkytown, the Metroplex (shared with Dallas), Queen City of the Prairie, the city Where the West Begins, and...
Seems a little odd, considering, but the story goes that back in the late 1870s, a Dallas lawyer had been in Fort Worth and claimed things were so quiet in town that a panther lay sleeping in the street.
There are a couple of statues in downtown, several district high schools have panthers as mascots, and our local Triple A ball club are the Fort Worth Cats--whose mascot also looks suspiciously panther-like.
Here is my picture of one of the two panther statues:
This picture of the other panther statue was taken by Darren Wright and I use it without permission. I was trying to take my own, but my camera battery died but either the charger died or the battery has gone bad. My apologies.
- Jen FitzGerald
- Thanks for stopping by one of my little corners of the world wide web. So, a little about me...My husband and I have been married for twenty years and we have three adult children although our youngest is still in high school. We've lived in Texas for fifteen years and for the rest of the story, click here.