Proofreader Services

For more information about my proof reading services, click here.

2016 Reading Challenge




I've given up on the official Goodreads challenge, although I have borrowed their logo. I'm going for 3 million new words and the re-reading of whatever fics I decide sound interesting as well as creating pod fic. Everything will be listed on the other side of the blog and you can view the details and numbers here.

2016 Goals

  • be a better website person for my writing group
  • be a better treasurer for my writing group
  • get physically healthy and well
  • walk the dog/walk to the post office
  • reach that 120lb. mark (for real this time)
  • get the house clean(er)
  • keep cradfting/do a wider variety of crafts
  • create pod fic
  • read and re-read
  • writie 10K to 15K word book for Christmas box set

2016 NASCAR Winners

Followers

Blog Archive

Blog Archive

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "
Friday, March 15, 2013

Fort Worth Friday


Fort Worth has many nicknames: Cowtown, Funkytown, the Metroplex (shared with Dallas), Queen City of the Prairie, the city Where the West Begins, and...

Panther City!

Seems a little odd, considering, but the story goes that back in the late 1870s, a Dallas lawyer had been in Fort Worth and claimed things were so quiet in town that a panther lay sleeping in the street.

There are a couple of statues in downtown, several district high schools have panthers as mascots, and our local Triple A ball club are the Fort Worth Cats--whose mascot also looks suspiciously panther-like.

Here is my picture of one of the two panther statues:

This statue and fountain is located at the corner of Houston and West 9th Street, right next to the Flat Iron Building, which we'll cover some other Friday.

This picture of the other panther statue was taken by Darren Wright and I use it without permission. I was trying to take my own, but my camera battery died but either the charger died or the battery has gone bad. My apologies.

This statue is located across the street from the Tarrant County Courthouse in front of the Tarrant County Tax Assessors office building.

1 comments:

Lara said...

I'd never heard of Panther City before--shows how much I know! :)

About Me

My Photo
Jen FitzGerald
Thanks for stopping by one of my little corners of the world wide web. So, a little about me...My husband and I have been married for twenty years and we have three adult children although our youngest is still in high school. We've lived in Texas for fifteen years and for the rest of the story, click here.
View my complete profile

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search

Loading...

Follow by Email

Jen's Glossary of Terms

  • DH = my husband
  • my Brown Eyed Girl = my oldest daughter
  • DD = my Darling Daughter (the younger one)
  • Sonshine or Marching Band Boy = my son
  • NT = the North Texas chapter of RWA
  • RWA = Romance Writers of America

Read in Mar 2016

  • Omnibus by dhampir72
  • Lay It Down by dhampir72
  • Sleeping With James Bond by dhampir72
  • The Hand I Want to Hold Forever by dhampir72
  • Favours by dhampir72
  • Sigh No More by dhampir72
  • To the Sticking Place by blueink3
  • Wars We Fought, Things We're Not by blueink3
  • Crush by stereobone
  • Synchronicity by stereobone
  • Call Him Love by itsallfine
  • Sleep Deprivation is No Excuse by elenothar
  • When the Sun Goes Down and No Stars Light the Night by elenothar
  • Pitfalls of the Odd Pagan Holiday by elenothar
  • Wooing Rituals of the James Bond Variety by elenothar
  • How Q Hacked Online Dating by JayEz
  • Our Final Problem by JayEz
  • Five Years Isn't So Long by scioscribe
  • Amber by scioscribe
  • Home (and Country) by scioscribe
  • Cuckoo by scioscribe
  • Fallible Creatures by scioscribe
  • Dramatic Arts by scioscribe
  • A Pox on All Your Machines by scioscribe
  • Love and Other Hazardous Materials by Luchia
  • Amenable by resonant
  • Practical Angora Goat Raising by lavvyan
  • Tantalus by moonblossom
  • Whoredom in Egypt by ancientreader
  • Let Them Howl by alex_caligari
  • Rearranged by itsallfine
  • Order of Operations by patternofdefiance

Read in Feb 2016

  • Monetising Love by SamuelJames
  • To the Sticking Place by blueink3
  • The Wedding Past by bold_as_brass
  • John & Sherlock Get the Giggle by wendymarlowe
  • The Wedding Present by bold_as_brass

Read in Jan 2016

  • Practical Johnkeeping by what_alchemy
  • Unwasted by patternofdefinace
  • Chemistry and Crooked Shelves by 221b_careful_what_you_wish_for
  • Two Days by PoppyAlexander
  • Two Days by tweedisgood
  • A Sense of Scale by alphera
  • We Are Only Human by TennantsLittleKitten
  • Checkmate by TennantsLittleKitten
  • A Married Man by Persophones_Keeper
  • A Time of Beauty by akashathekitty
  • What Dreams May Come by danlef
  • No Bangs Without Foreign Office Approval by reckonedrightly
  • Save the Last Dance for Me by Lilith (Citrine)
  • Snapshot by saziikins
  • The Violet Hour by breathedout
  • Drunk With Your Kiss by Biswholocked
  • The Human Cipher by wendymarlowe