For more information about my proof reading services, click here.
2015 Reading Challenge
I've pledged to read 26 books via the official Goodreads challenge. The rest of my 3 million words will more than likely come via proofreading jobs and fan fiction. Everything will be listed on the other side of the blog and you can view the details and numbers here.
- ► 2014 (150)
- ▼ February (11)
- ► 2012 (175)
- ► 2011 (119)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (64)
- ► 2008 (116)
- 2015 (13)
- 2014 (150)
- 2012 (175)
- 2011 (119)
- 2010 (90)
- 2009 (64)
- 2008 (116)
- 2007 (32)
You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "
Wednesday, February 20, 2013
8:05 AM | Posted by Jen FitzGerald | | Edit Post
Maybe you've heard of Minecraft, maybe you haven't. It's a video game and one that Sonshine spends a lot of time playing.
It's a cross between Legos on steroids and the Sims meet the Stone Age. The description according to WIKI: The creative and building aspects of Minecraft allow players to build constructions out of textured cubes in a 3D procedurally generated world. Other activities in the game include exploration, gathering resources, crafting and combat. Gameplay in its commercial release has two principal modes: survival, which requires players to acquire resources and maintain their health and hunger; and creative, where players have an unlimited supply of resources, the ability to fly, and no health or hunger. A third gameplay mode named hardcore is the same as survival, differing only in difficulty; it is set to hardest setting and respawning is disabled, forcing players to delete their worlds upon death.
It's like watching girls playing Barbies--and it both cracks me up and tickles me to death. I'm sure there are girls that play, but it's fun and amazing to watch my son and a handful of friends get together in various worlds and create. They work together build communities. In fact, this past weekend, they thought up a constitution for their little world.
Here he is with the headset, talking to his friend, discussing the inventory on the alchemy store they've built.
This is his character on the computer version/world.
If you look close next to the head, there's a lighthouse he built.
In other news, poor Kitty got fixed and declawed Monday. She came home yesterday looking pathetic and having to wear a collar so she can't lick her paws or her belly stitches.
She wanted to clean herself so badly she finally took to licking the collar with her body going through the motions beneath it. It was funny in a pathetic sort of way. And she has to take this horrible pain killer that tastes nasty and makes her foam at the mouth. It was not fun trying to get that into her.
She should be right as rain in a few days.
I think my generation was the first to have in-home arcade games. Do you remember Atari and Pong??
We've come a long way baby!
- Jen FitzGerald
- Thanks for stopping by one of my little corners of the world wide web. So, a little about me...My husband and I have been married for twenty years and we have three adult children although our youngest is still in high school. We've lived in Texas for fifteen years and for the rest of the story, click here.
Jen's Glossary of Terms
Read in Jan 2015
- The Thing Is by Tsylvestris
- Dear John, ch. 50 by wendymarlowe
- Dear John, ch. 49 by wendymarlowe
- A Bleeding Heart in Longhand, ch. 12 by serpentynka
- Dear John, ch. 48 by wendymarlowe
- Dear John, ch. 47 by wendymarlowe
- Dear John, ch. 46 by wendymarlowe
- Dear John, ch. 45 by wendymarlowe
- 5 Platonic Touches + 1 That Wasn't by wendymarlowe
- A Bleeding Heart in Longhand, ch. 11 by serpentynka
- Dear John, ch. 44 by wendymarlowe
- Dear John, ch. 43 by wendymarlowe
- Dear John, ch. 42 by wendymarlowe
- The Only One in the World by apliddell
- The Adventure of the Consulting Corpse by apliddell
- A Bleeding Heart in Longhand, ch. 10 by serpentynka
- Dear John, ch. 41 by wendymarlowe
- Dear John, ch. 40 by wendymarlowe
- On the Other Side by Mildredandbobbin
- Dear John, ch. 39 by wendymarlowe
- A Bleeding Heart in Longhand, ch. 9 by serpentynka
- Right Hand Man, ch.4 by SilentAuror
- Bird's Bone by thesardine
- Subtext, ch. 16 by notesfromaclassroom
- Subtext, ch. 15 by notesfromaclassroom
- Dear John, ch. 38 by wendymarlowe
- Dear John, ch. 37 by wendymarlowe
- A Bleeding Heart in Longhand, ch. 8 by serpentynka
- There's So Much Labor Just in Breathing Lately by Susan
- Dear John, ch. 36 by wendymarlowe
- Right Hand Man by SilentAuror
- Flaunting It by DancingGrimm
- Dear John, ch. 35 by wendymarlowe
- A Bleeding Heart in Longhand, ch. 7 by serpentynka
- Dear John, ch. 34 by wendymarlowe
- Myrddin's Memoir by Carol Pack
- What If They Both Had Amnesia by EinahSirro
- Negotiations by Canon_Is_Relative & Impish Tubist
- Saving Sherlock Holmes by earlgraytea68
- Dear John, ch. 33 by wendymarlowe
- Pride, But Very Little Prejudice by sheffiessharpe
- Pieces of Eight by sheffiessharpe
- Vessel by Rhuia
- A Bleeding Heart in Longhand, ch. 6 by serpentynka
- Dear John, ch. 32 by wendymarlowe
- Dear John, ch. 31 by wendymarlowe
- Manifest by causidicus
- So Full of Light by mydwynter
- The Weight of Knowledge by sherlocksdressinggown
- Dear John, ch. 30 by wendymarlowe
- Fan Mail by scullyseviltwin
- A Christmas Soldier by Evenlodes_Friend
- GE Entry by unknown
- GE Entry by unknown
- The British Government Only Asks Twice by azriona
- Under the Coat by loopy456
- At Least There's Football by sheffiessharpe
- To the Gold of Frankincense Through Myrrh by sideris
- Busy by MildredandBobbin
- Between Midnight and Dawn by aderyn
- A Catalogue of Wounds by UrbanHymnal
- Best Seat in the House by wendymarlowe
- A Bleeding Heart in Longhand, ch. 5 by serpentynka
- Four Chemicals Lestrade Was Glad Sherlock Gave Up by Lady_Ganesh
- Four Times They Did and One Time They Didn't by peg22
- The Tip Over to the Inevitable by ivyblossom
- Lighting Up by Persiflager
- Kicking Off by Persiflager
- Home and Dry by BeautifulFiction
- Normal for Bridgewater by marysutherland
- No Mistletoe Required by BeautifulFiction
- The Other Road by Writernon
- Wrong Order by Dayja
- GE Entry by unknown
- A Bleeding Heart in Longhand, ch. 4 by serpentynka
- To Light Another's Path by BeautifulFiction
- Dear John, Ch. 29 by wendymarlowe
- Law Like Love by PlaidAdder
- More Earth Than Fire by SwissMiss
- A Bleeding Heart in Longhand, Ch. 3 by serpentynka
- A Bleeding Heart in Longhand, Ch. 2 by serpentynka
- Brand New Day by msgenevieve
- The Cornish Cottage by flawedamythyst
- A Bleeding Heart in Longhand, Ch. 1 by serpentynka
- Terms of Service by kres
- Sussex by SilentAuror
- State of Flux by Atiki
- Break Her Fall by JoAnna Grace