For more information about my proof reading services, click here.
2016 Reading Challenge
I've given up on the official Goodreads challenge, although I have borrowed their logo. I'm going for 3 million new words and the re-reading of whatever fics I decide sound worth reading a second time.
- be a better website person for my writing group
- be a better treasurer for my writing group
- get physically healthy and well
- walk the dog/walk to the post office
- reach that 120lb. mark (for real this time)
- get the house clean(er)
- keep cradfting/do a wider variety of crafts
- create pod fic
- read and re-read
- writie 10K to 15K word book for Christmas box set
- ► 2016 (115)
- ► 2015 (147)
- ► 2014 (150)
- ▼ February (11)
- ► 2012 (175)
- ► 2011 (119)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (64)
- ► 2008 (116)
- 2016 (115)
- 2015 (147)
- 2014 (150)
- 2012 (175)
- 2011 (119)
- 2010 (90)
- 2009 (64)
- 2008 (116)
- 2007 (32)
You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "
Monday, February 4, 2013
8:05:00 AM | Posted by Jen FitzGerald | | Edit Post
Once the Stock Show and Rodeo has left town, there'll be a new driver on the road.
After Friday's post I had to take Sonshine to the local DPS office to take his written exam for his drivers license. Only we couldn't find his Social Security card, which meant a trip to the Social Security Admin office to get some form verifying his number. Then back to the DPS. Only to be told there was a two hour wait just to take the written exam.
But, believe it or not, we had a little luck. A while back I'd noticed them building a Drivers License Center near to our house. As luck would have it, it opened Thursday afternoon. We left one DPS and rushed over to this new facility and were in and out in less than two hours!
So my baby is now permitted to drive a car as long as he has a licensed adult driver over the age of 21 in the car with him. He didn't feel comfortable hopping in the truck and driving home though, despite it being back roads the whole way.
And no longer do you carry a paper permit for six months. He'll have an honest-to-goodness plastic card in the mail in a couple of weeks.
- Jen FitzGerald
- Thanks for stopping by one of my little corners of the world wide web. So, a little about me...My husband and I have been married for twenty years and we have three adult children although our youngest is still in high school. We've lived in Texas for fifteen years and for the rest of the story, click here.