For more information about my proof reading services, click here.
2016 Reading Challenge
I've given up on the official Goodreads challenge, although I have borrowed their logo. I'm going for 3 million new words and the re-reading of whatever fics I decide sound interesting as well as creating pod fic. Everything will be listed on the other side of the blog and you can view the details and numbers here.
- be a better website person for my writing group
- be a better treasurer for my writing group
- get physically healthy and well
- walk the dog/walk to the post office
- reach that 120lb. mark (for real this time)
- get the house clean(er)
- keep cradfting/do a wider variety of crafts
- create pod fic
- read and re-read
- writie 10K to 15K word book for Christmas box set
- ► 2015 (147)
- ► 2014 (150)
- ▼ February (11)
- ► 2012 (175)
- ► 2011 (119)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (64)
- ► 2008 (116)
- 2016 (18)
- 2015 (147)
- 2014 (150)
- 2012 (175)
- 2011 (119)
- 2010 (90)
- 2009 (64)
- 2008 (116)
- 2007 (32)
You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "
Friday, February 1, 2013
7:57 AM | Posted by Jen FitzGerald | | Edit Post
It's back folks, and I'm super excited. I should start off with some introduction to Fort Worth, but I did that once, and I'm sure we'll cover some more of Fort Worth's origins in later posts when I talk about historical landmarks or events.
Today, however, we're going to hit the ground running with the...
Celebrating it's 117th year this year, the Stock Show and Rodeo comes to town every January. The kids get a day off school and a free ticket to attend. At least in FWISD--my teacher friend said they gave out tickets in her district, but not a day off.
I didn't actually attend the rodeo Sunday morning, we just drove through that area before it got crowded and snapped a few pictures. But I suddenly have an urge to go. Whether or not I will, remains to be seen.
Surprisingly, the event takes place in what we refer to as the Cultural District rather than the Stockyards, which would seem the more likely place. On the other hand, what better place for a stock show and rodeo than the Will Rogers Memorial Center??
Look at the lovely Art Deco architecture.
Across from the front entrance is a bronze statue of Will Rogers.
And along with the animal exhibits...
Is a carnival.
If you're a FW (or surrounding area) resident, do you attend the Stock Show?
The next Fort Worth Friday coming in two weeks!
- Jen FitzGerald
- Thanks for stopping by one of my little corners of the world wide web. So, a little about me...My husband and I have been married for twenty years and we have three adult children although our youngest is still in high school. We've lived in Texas for fifteen years and for the rest of the story, click here.