For more information about my proof reading services, click here.
2015 Reading Challenge
I've pledged to read 26 books via the official Goodreads challenge. The rest of my 3 million words will more than likely come via proofreading jobs and fan fiction. Everything will be listed on the other side of the blog and you can view the details and numbers here.
- ► 2014 (150)
- ▼ February (11)
- ► 2012 (175)
- ► 2011 (119)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (64)
- ► 2008 (116)
- 2015 (12)
- 2014 (150)
- 2012 (175)
- 2011 (119)
- 2010 (90)
- 2009 (64)
- 2008 (116)
- 2007 (32)
You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "
Friday, February 1, 2013
7:57 AM | Posted by Jen FitzGerald | | Edit Post
It's back folks, and I'm super excited. I should start off with some introduction to Fort Worth, but I did that once, and I'm sure we'll cover some more of Fort Worth's origins in later posts when I talk about historical landmarks or events.
Today, however, we're going to hit the ground running with the...
Celebrating it's 117th year this year, the Stock Show and Rodeo comes to town every January. The kids get a day off school and a free ticket to attend. At least in FWISD--my teacher friend said they gave out tickets in her district, but not a day off.
I didn't actually attend the rodeo Sunday morning, we just drove through that area before it got crowded and snapped a few pictures. But I suddenly have an urge to go. Whether or not I will, remains to be seen.
Surprisingly, the event takes place in what we refer to as the Cultural District rather than the Stockyards, which would seem the more likely place. On the other hand, what better place for a stock show and rodeo than the Will Rogers Memorial Center??
Look at the lovely Art Deco architecture.
Across from the front entrance is a bronze statue of Will Rogers.
And along with the animal exhibits...
Is a carnival.
If you're a FW (or surrounding area) resident, do you attend the Stock Show?
The next Fort Worth Friday coming in two weeks!
- Jen FitzGerald
- Thanks for stopping by one of my little corners of the world wide web. So, a little about me...My husband and I have been married for twenty years and we have three adult children although our youngest is still in high school. We've lived in Texas for fifteen years and for the rest of the story, click here.
Jen's Glossary of Terms
Read in Jan 2015
- Subtext, ch. 16 by notesfromaclassroom
- Subtext, ch. 15 by notesfromaclassroom
- Dear John, ch. 38 by wendymarlowe
- Dear John, ch. 37 by wendymarlowe
- A Bleeding Heart in Longhand, ch. 8 by serpentynka
- There's So Much Labor Just in Breathing Lately by Susan
- Dear John, ch. 36 by wendymarlowe
- Right Hand Man by SilentAuror
- Flaunting It by DancingGrimm
- Dear John, ch. 35 by wendymarlowe
- A Bleeding Heart in Longhand, ch. 7 by serpentynka
- Dear John, ch. 34 by wendymarlowe
- Myrddin's Memoir by Carol Pack
- What If They Both Had Amnesia by EinahSirro
- Negotiations by Canon_Is_Relative & Impish Tubist
- Saving Sherlock Holmes by earlgraytea68
- Dear John, ch. 33 by wendymarlowe
- Pride, But Very Little Prejudice by sheffiessharpe
- Pieces of Eight by sheffiessharpe
- Vessel by Rhuia
- A Bleeding Heart in Longhand, ch. 6 by serpentynka
- Dear John, ch. 32 by wendymarlowe
- Dear John, ch. 31 by wendymarlowe
- Manifest by causidicus
- So Full of Light by mydwynter
- The Weight of Knowledge by sherlocksdressinggown
- Dear John, ch. 30 by wendymarlowe
- Fan Mail by scullyseviltwin
- A Christmas Soldier by Evenlodes_Friend
- GE Entry by unknown
- GE Entry by unknown
- The British Government Only Asks Twice by azriona
- Under the Coat by loopy456
- At Least There's Football by sheffiessharpe
- To the Gold of Frankincense Through Myrrh by sideris
- Busy by MildredandBobbin
- Between Midnight and Dawn by aderyn
- A Catalogue of Wounds by UrbanHymnal
- Best Seat in the House by wendymarlowe
- A Bleeding Heart in Longhand, ch. 5 by serpentynka
- Four Chemicals Lestrade Was Glad Sherlock Gave Up by Lady_Ganesh
- Four Times They Did and One Time They Didn't by peg22
- The Tip Over to the Inevitable by ivyblossom
- Lighting Up by Persiflager
- Kicking Off by Persiflager
- Home and Dry by BeautifulFiction
- Normal for Bridgewater by marysutherland
- No Mistletoe Required by BeautifulFiction
- The Other Road by Writernon
- Wrong Order by Dayja
- GE Entry by unknown
- A Bleeding Heart in Longhand, ch. 4 by serpentynka
- To Light Another's Path by BeautifulFiction
- Dear John, Ch. 29 by wendymarlowe
- Law Like Love by PlaidAdder
- More Earth Than Fire by SwissMiss
- A Bleeding Heart in Longhand, Ch. 3 by serpentynka
- A Bleeding Heart in Longhand, Ch. 2 by serpentynka
- Brand New Day by msgenevieve
- The Cornish Cottage by flawedamythyst
- A Bleeding Heart in Longhand, Ch. 1 by serpentynka
- Terms of Service by kres
- Sussex by SilentAuror
- State of Flux by Atiki
- Break Her Fall by JoAnna Grace