Monday, January 7, 2013

What? More Goals?


Yep, just a few more to address.

Today, were talking crafts. I used to do crafts. Not many (in terms of different types), but I did them. I sewed, cross-stitched, rubber stamped, and occasionally did very simple toll painting. I miss doing those things and sharing the fruits of my labor with others.

So I'm going to start crafting again. First thing on my agenda, sewing. My girls want to learn and I need some summer outfits. I have patterns and I have fabric.

I have some cross stitch kits floating around as well as booklets and pamphlets with patterns in them. I can finish started projects or design new ones like ornaments and samplers. Like I used to do. Way back in the day.

Crocheting is not my favorite, but I can make simple scarves and blankets. Back in August I was going to try my hand at following a pattern and making a ruffled scarf. I started, but never finished. I'm not sure what's going to happen with it. Maybe I'll finish it and donate it to my writing group as a door prize. I guess I'd better finish it sooner rather than later however, so the recipient can wear it before winter's over. :)

With the rubber stamping, I can create birthday cards and get better at sending those out. Two birds with one stone, so-to-speak. I like it.

I also really enjoy the painting. Of course, I'm going to have to figure out things to paint.

On a side note, there's a new member of our household...


Her mother calls her Doodle Bug, I call her Princess, Sonshine calls her Kitty, and DD calls her Bug.

Are you a crafty person? If so, what are your crafts of choice??

2 comments:

Regina Richards said...

No crafts for me. Not my thing.

Beautiful cat. She's a lucky kitty to have found a home with you. She'll never lack for love.

Unknown said...

Adorable kitty! Congrats on your new addition!

I love to cross-stitch. I can knit and crochet, but only if you want a scarf--I don't know how to follow patterns or make anything that requires a shape. [g]