Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Return to Normal


The men will be home some time today and life will return to some semblance of normalcy, but things will be different too.

On Monday, I shared some of my goals. In nothing more than a few sentences I mentioned those last 20 to 30 pounds I need to lose. To that end, I get back on the eating and exercise wagon, starting today. Yes, you've heard it before, and not so very long ago, but I wasn't in the right frame of mind at the time. I need to be now. And so I have begun. My general feeling of well being has degraded and I have come to feel blah and achy and suffer continuous lethargy. And I'm tired of feeling that way.

In addition to that, I've been suffering with an almost continuous headache for the last month or so--ever since I began to over-indulge my love of of sugar. As of yesterday, my sugar intake has been reduced to the minimum requirements--just from the honey in my morning oatmeal and fiber bar and whatever occurs naturally in the other healthy food choices I make. So far this morning, the pain is barely a blip. Thank goodness, though I imagine it may ramp up as the day progresses.

I went back to my regularly scheduled breakfast this morning and have returned to my little habit of short rounds of calisthenics throughout the day. Later, daily trips to the post office will resume as well. Lunch will be healthy salads and dinner will be protein and vegetables (mostly green ones).

I hope your new year is going well so far. On Friday, I'm going to address another of my goals--more for my own benefit than yours--but the accountability will be helpful as well just putting my plans in black and white so that I can refresh my memory and keep myself on track.

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you're starting to feel better already!

Regina Richards said...

I'm sugarless these last couple of days as well and having serious withdrawals. Though the sugar withdrawals aren't as bad as when I quit sodas and caffeine, they are still tough.

Holding good thoughts for your transition from sugar lethary to healthy energy as I try to achieve the same.

Jen FitzGerald said...

Thanks, Lara and Regina. The mild headache persists, but I'm hoping another day or two will see it safely on its way.

Clover Autrey said...

Oh good luck with this. Eating healthier is one of my goals as well, hence the salad I'm eating right now for lunch.