Friday, December 28, 2012

Thank Goodness It's Friday


I think. We're going into the weekend right before New Year's Eve. I don't really want to go down to the store before the 30th. I just want to relax and rest up for the 30th and 31st and get my house clean and the laundry done and prepare for the new year as best I can.

Before we get to what I received for Christmas, I heard some things I wanted to share.

1st) Norman Schwartzkopf died last night.
2nd) Radio City Music Hall celebrates 80 years, but more interestingly, its pipe organ with 4410 pipes and two keyboards is the largest pipe organ ever built for a movie theater
3rd) well, there is no third--I can't find the info anymore. ugh
and
4th) if you're the praying sort, please lift up Mrs. Carmen Bernal and her family; Mrs. Bernal suffered a stroke this past week; she's the mother of Sonshine's band director...

Now for Christmas...

We spent Christmas Eve at my mother-in-law's house with everyone present--including one of my sisters-in-law and both my nephews, and of course my Brown Eyed Girl. Many many years ago, somewhere around thirteen years or so (when Sonshine was around 4, best we can estimate), we'd taken a picture of five of the six grand kids. Well, those same five were back together and all grown up. So we piled them back on top of one another and took another picture. I'll share the before and after as soon as I get the before scanned.

Christmas Morning for the Brown-Eyed Girl and me started at 4:30ish am. Neither of us could sleep any longer so we got up. DH found us shortly after 5. By 5:30 we'd woken up DD and Sonshine and began the festivities. We were done by 7:30. Pretty sad huh??

Some pics of Christmas...

The Brown Eyed Girl pulling stuff from her stocking.

DD showing off the foil picture of zebras she received.

DH with his
Star Trek: The Next Generation 25th Anniversary Collectors Edition Pez set.

And Sonshine with his brand new Gigantic Bathroom Reader.
(Just FYI he doesn't really read in the bathroom, but he loves all the trivia and info he comes across in those books.)

And here are some of my gifts...

Knowing that bad weather was on its way, us girls were home by noon. Later that afternoon, we received a white Christmas as an additional little surprise.


So how was your Christmas?

And don't forget, goals for the New Year coming Monday--see you then. Have a good weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a nice holiday! :)