Friday, December 14, 2012

SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!


If you saw this on FB, my apologies, but I'm so excited --

According to TVShowsonDVD via an e-mail this morning, the TV show China Beach should be officially released on DVD on 2013. The big hold-up for all these years, I'm pretty sure, were music rights since the show used a lot of music from the late Sixties.

How many of you remember that show?? How many of you loved it???

Oh my gosh! This is awesome! I can't wait!

Okay, well it's Friday, too, so that's good.

And it's almost Christmas. Let's continue our countdown!



A staple of Christmas is undoubtedly Christmas music. From classic hymns such as Ave Maria to more contemporary hit likes Christmas Cookies by country music legend George Strait, there is a song in a favorite genre for everyone. And because it's unrealistic for me to expect you to listen to my blog for half and hour or so, I'll include a song a day for the rest of the countdown. How's that?

Several years ago, I finally broke down and ordered one of Time-Life's Treasury of Christmas CDs which has most of my favorites on it, so that's what I usually listen to. I also had a cheapo CD from the grocery store of the some boys choir, I think the Vienna Boys Choir, but I can't remember because it's gone missing. Anyway, that treble range of the younger voices gives me chills and brings tears to my eyes almost no matter what the song.

So to start off us, the American Boys Choir singing my favorite of favorites, O Holy Night.



What is your favorite Christmas song?

3 comments:

Char Newcomb said...

YAY for China Beach!

Christmas songs? White Christmas, Sleigh Ride, Hallelujah Chorus, and so many more.

My tree is up but no ornaments yet. It doesn't feel like Christmas...it's too soon!

Regina Richards said...

All the Christmas songs are my favorite, but a few are particularly dear because when I hear them I always think of my father singing along to the record playing on our stereo back when I was a kid.

This rendition of O Holy Night is gorgeous. Thanks, Jen.

Jen FitzGerald said...

Ornaments go on today, Char!

What a great memory, Regina. Thanks for faithfully stopping by. :)