Monday, December 10, 2012

My son the reader...


Since I'm a writer, I'm sure it's no surprise that I am also a reader. I don't read like I used to and I've come to realize my writing has suffered for it, so one of my goals for the new year is to read more. I'll define that as a book a week, which means more trips to the library in 2013. Not that I don't have plenty of books stocked up in my Kindle app, but I digress...

Sonshine accompanied me on a shopping trip last week. While at the world's most famous box store, he found The Hobbit. Holding it up, he asked, "Can I get it, mom?" What could I say but yes. He dug in right away, though I don't think he got very far once he got to school Friday morning, and I don't think he's picked it up since. Here he is reading in the car on the way to school:


Writers group holiday party was a lot of fun. I hadn't talked that much in a really long time and my throat was a bit scratchy by the time I got home. And with the annual election results announced, my duties as president are winding down. The buck stops with me until Dec. 31. On Jan. 1, our president-elect becomes president. Woo hoo! Of course, I'm still involved as the membership director and am the immediate past president which means I'm there for the new pres should she need my advice or help. But because she was pres-elect she was involved this year, so the transition should be minimal.

Oh, and snow! I'm surprised, but we had snow this morning. It didn't fall for long and it didn't stick for long, but we had it.


I know it's hard to see...but the windshield is covered. It didn't stick on the streets though. It's been too warm for that.

And now...


I've mentioned once or twice how much I love Christmas lights. Along with the strings of lights, I just love the bulbs. I like them as earrings, on necklaces, anything!

The year before last, I found these...they're just plastic, about four inches from tip to tip...but they tickled my fancy. I have them hanging in my kitchen and living room windows.


And I did finally get some more lights put up. So in addition to the lights on the inside of the living room window, which was day three, I put lights around the front porch.


That's walking up the ramp to the porch. The left side faces the street, the front door is on the right.

Have you got lights put up yet??

2 comments:

Regina Richards said...

Our lights are up and my son got home from college yesterday so we'll decorate the tree tonight. Yay! We usually get started earlier than this, but dh hurting his back (he returned to work today)really threw off the beginning of the month for us.

Jen FitzGerald said...

I know it's late, but I hope your hubby is feeling better.