Monday, December 24, 2012

Just About Here



One day to go...or maybe only half a day if you celebrate on Christmas Eve.

Growing up, my mom and I celebrated on Christmas Day. I remember it just being us for the most part and Christmas Eve was low key. Christmas morning however was when we opened stockings--well, I dug through my stocking. Then prezzies and later dinner at home or with neighbors and good friends.

Nowadays, my mother-in-law hosts Christmas Eve at her house with dinner and presents and whatever family is in town. This year will be an extra special Christmas as the Brown Eyed Girl is back in the fold. My sister-in-law is back from her world travels (she's missed 2 Christmases) and her son will be joining us too. My other nephew will be on hand as well, so there will be a full house and a lot of fun.

Last year's tree:



Christmas morning will be stress-free and low key. After tonight's festivities, we'll head back to the store and bed down. We'll be taking Sammy with us too since it'll be the first Christmas without Honey and I don't want to leave her home alone, locked up in the garage.

Tomorrow we'll did into stockings, eat cinnamon rolls, and open presents. This year, us girls will probably head home before noon since northern Texas is expecting frozen rain/snow. I'd kinda like to be home before the roads get nasty. :)

Today's Christmas song is We Three Kings sung by King's College Choir, Cambridge:


What are your Christmas Eve versus Christmas Day traditional plans?

Have a wonderful holiday whatever you do.

3 comments:

mtnchild said...

Sooo glad the Brown Eyed Girl will be with you this year. Tell her I love her - oh pooh, tell everyone that I love them ... LOL and give lots of hugs.

Christmas Eve will be quiet, just Susan and I - and you know how she feels about holidays since John died. We are postponing Christmas Day as most everyone is sick ... Bummer. Once everyone is doing better then we will get together and exchange gifts ... better late than getting sick - bad flu going around.
Love you lots,
Mom/Grandma

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas! Hope you're staying warm--I'm in Nashville, where it's chilly but at least no snow yet! :)

Regina Richards said...

Merry Christmas, Jen!