Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Hump Day Potpourri and the Countdown to Christmas continues...


It's been a good week so far and we're only two full days in. Revisions on my current WIP are going well and the day job duties are getting done in an efficient manner. What more can you ask for?

Sonshine is back to reading The Hobbit this morning...

I'm back to reading as well. I received two books at my writing group party this past Saturday, so instead of dumping them in the book return at the library, I'm going to read them. Well, try at least. The last book I tried to read, I couldn't get into. I don't know if it was me or the story.

As you all know, Sonshine is also known occasionally as Marching Band Boy. The largest/most important local marching contest is U.I.L. and of course his band has attended. Professional pictures are taken both on the field and after a band's performance. So the first year (2010), I bought a mug with a picture of MBB taken during the performance. It was great picture with vivid colors and caught him glancing at the camera, lips pursed, counting. (if you click on it, it should get bigger and you can see the lips)


In 2011, I bought another mug. I hadn't planned it that first year, but the second year I thought it would be cool to have this little collection of mugs from U.I.L. contests.


So fast forward to this year and mug #3 arrived in the mail! The first two years he played trumpet, this year, he played mellophone (marching French horn).



One more to go--but will MBB be wearing Highlander colors or some other school's colors??

And now, finally...



Another must-have at Christmas time are candles. Now, I like candles any time really--remember I got three lovely jar candles last year for Mother's Day and my birthday?

At Christmas, though, I like the traditional green and red colors and the scents that accompany them. Green = pine...

I have these lovely jingle bell candle holders needing pillar candles.

And I have this--I don't even know what it's called, but I love it.

It's not entirely Christmassy, but close enough with the pine tree motif! You stick one of those mini jar candles and it's like a little hurricane lamp.

Are you a candle person? What are your favorite scents?

2 comments:

Regina Richards said...

Love, Love, Love the mugs idea. What great pictures you got to put on them.

Jen FitzGerald said...

Thanks, Regina!